Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 19 October

Muppet of the day was the guy who decided to pull out of a parking lot and stop on the bike lane on Brunswick Street just as I was approaching at 50km/hr with a bus on my left. I hauled on my brakes and skidded to a stop, bouncing my front wheel off his front wing. I then entered into an extended discourse with him about his responsibilities under the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicles Act, and how if the roads had been any wetter I would have hit him at significantly higher speeds and would have most probably been quite badly injured. I found it difficult to accept his apology as he was smirking the whole time, so I expounded upon his apparent lack of concern. What did seem to concern him was my comment that if he caused injury to a cyclist, he would be looking at an extra $2000 or so on his insurance costs. Hopefully the muppet will be a bit more careful next time - but I won't hold my breath on that one...

Distance logged: 15.274km
Time: 37:34
Average speed: 24.4km/hr
Max speed: 57.2 km/hr
Temperature: 9C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 6610.594km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 452.254km
Monthly cost per km: $0.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home