Monday, November 13, 2006

Ride for Saturday, 11 November

Rode downtown, dropped my bike off at the office, then went round the Farmer's Market and picked up some groceries for the week. After that, I went back to the office, left my food in the fridge, and headed down to Idealbikes and went out taking pictures of bikes while my stem was swapped over for one which fit my handlebar better (and got some more handlebar tape put on the handles to try to give my wrist a bit more of a rest).

On the way home I saw Peter waiting at the bus stop... He managed to trash his rear wheel courtesy of a hole dug by HRM, which sucks. Hopefully he'll be mobile by Critical Mass at the end of the month. I thought about offering him one of my bikes as a loaner, but I don't think he'd really fit too well...

I noticed the uppers on my boots were starting to delaminate from the soles, so I went out and picked up some more after I got home. I can't really complain about a pair of $35 winter boots that have lasted me 2 seasons, this time I pushed the boat out and bought some $140 boots that were on sale for $50 - it'll be interesting to see how long this pair lasts...

Distance logged: 26.528km
Time: 76:11
Average speed: 20.9km/hr
Max speed: 54 km/hr
Temperature: 7C-12C-7C
Cumulative distance: 7113.699km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.40
Monthly distance: 247.462km
Monthly cost per km: $0.90

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home