Monday, December 04, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 04 December

After continuing promises of snow that turned into (at best) light rain showers, and with the forecast for flurries, I was rather surprised at the heavy snow this afternoon. I think in total we got around 10cm. The roads were a mess, essentially gridlocked the whole way, with cars slipping and sliding all over the road. I ended up walking most of the way from downtown to home, and I reckon I got home sooner than the vast majority of the traffic I saw. I ended up walking a ways with a guy who had abandoned his truck at a car park after taking two hours to go a block and a half (!) and we marvelled at how incompetent some of the drivers were.

I put on my snow tyres when I got home, so I should at least have better grip than with the semi-slicks!

Just for Knox I got my wife to take a picture when I got home - note the Nova Scotia Aero Wheel in the front!



Distance logged: 12.868km
Time: 156:32 (or 2 hours, 36 minutes, 32 seconds)
Average speed: 4.9km/hr
Max speed: 19.5 km/hr
Temperature: 0C, snowing
Cumulative distance: 7620.303km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 29.743km
Monthly cost per km: $0

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought I was being tough 'considering' a ride on our dry roads when it is all of 35 degrees.

RIGHT ON! YOU RULE!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:43:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Nah, if you want really tough, you want to try some of the guys further west.

I'll admit that dragging my bike through 10cm of snow on the fire trail really quite sucked, though...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home