Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ride home for Thursday, 18 January

Went into MEC at lunchtime and picked up a new mirror as my old one snapped off; I don't know if it was the cold or what, but I bonked it slightly as I was putting my bike away and the mirror just fell off.

Switched over to the new version of Blogger this evening as it seems like bits are going wrong with the old version (archives not updating, messages not getting posted, etc). Hopefully things will all be working now?

Distance logged: 13.828km
Time: 49:48
Average speed: 16.7km/hr
Max speed: 40.3 km/hr
Temperature: -10C
Cumulative distance: 419.656km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.23
Monthly distance: 419.656km
Monthly cost per km: $0.23

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple of years. Starting to feel a bit stalkerish. I love the muppet tales. Had my share, dude! I commute by bicycle in Halifax too. Not hard core enough to do it in the winter, though.
peace
Coyote

Saturday, January 20, 2007 2:05:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

No worries, Coyote, I mainly have this up here so I can keep track of my mileage and costs - I throw in the tales of muppets to try to alleviate the otherwise dry repetition of numbers.

Winter riding isn't so bad once you get used to it. Back of the envelope calculations say I put out up to 400W of energy, and having a 400W heater running keeps me nice and warm - the problem is often one of having to stop to take off layers.

Feel free to join me at Critical Mass when the weather gets warmer!

Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home