Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ride into work for Wednesday, 17 January

No ride yesterday as I worked from home - it was warm enough that the roads were slick with water-coated ice, and a stiff wind on top of that made it too dodgy to ride.

The weather this morning was just about right, and the roads had been well cleared. The only trouble I had was on the fire trail which was a bit rutted from people walking on it.

Muppet of the day was the Otis mechanic driving an Otis van behind me going down Cogswell, revving his engine and beeping his horn, who decided to overtake me on the inside as he was coming up to the lights and managed to slide out of control. He then hung on his brakes and skidded to a stop gliding to a right turn and turned to look at me with a sour expression on his face. Me laughing at him as I carried on down probably didn't improve his mood any...

Distance logged: 11.368km
Time: 42:58
Average speed: 15.9km/hr
Max speed: 47.6 km/hr
Temperature: -20C, -34C wind chill
Cumulative distance: 359.273km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.25
Monthly distance: 359.273km
Monthly cost per km: $0.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home