Saturday, February 24, 2007

Critical Mass ride for Friday, 24 February

The ride was relatively warm, -5C when I got there. We ended up with 10, just enough to fulfill the ride quota - the rule being, "if less than 10 people show up, Critical Mass is held at the pub". It was an all male ride this time around, I don't know what happened to the female contingent - especially since it was warmer this month than last month.

We went for a ride down Spring Garden, along Barrington onto Hollis, then worked our way back up and ended up riding around the Citadel before spinning back by Victoria Park to see if there were any latecomers coming for 6pm. No-one was there, so we ended up heading back to IdealBikes.Chris was there just about to head over to Victoria Park so we picked him up, then rode a circuitous route to Dave's place on Windsor, where a keg party was going on at his house. I didn't stay too long (since I had a 2am page and was starting to feel really tired) so I headed home before too long.

Oddest thing I saw was what looked like a woman carrying a baby riding a bike as I rode up Main Avenue. As I got closer I could see she was actually carrying a sack of potatoes in one arm - and it looked like a fairly sizable bag, too, at least 5 kilos!

Distance logged: 23.145km
Time: 97:00
Average speed: 14.3km/hr
Max speed: 40.6 km/hr
Temperature: -5C to -9C, clear ending in light snow
Cumulative distance: 1175.525km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.19
Monthly distance: 552.272km
Monthly cost per km: $0.16

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I was there at 6pm and didn't see anyone! Dang!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:57:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Keep an eye on the Halifax Critical Mass web page - sometimes it's updated at the last minute! We must have just missed you when we came round again.

It looks like it's back to 6pm now since sunset will be later due to DST changes this month.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home