Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 17 February

Down to the Farmer's Market to do my shopping.

Muppet of the day was the girl next to me at one of the stands, who had the following conversation with the owner:

Muppet: "Do you buy all this from Sobeys?"
Owner, somewhat bemused: "Er, no, it's all from local farmers or wholesalers, why?"
M: "Well, all the peppers have got stickers on them, they must have come from a supermarket!"
O: "No, they're put on at source to track where they came from in case there's a problem."
M: "Well, why are you putting everything in Sobeys bags, then?"
O: "We're recycling them, we get them from people we know rather than putting them in the garbage."
M: "Oh..."

I looked at the assistant who was helping me and shook my head, she just rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders slightly - I guess this happens on a fairly regular basis...

Distance logged: 26.103km
Time: 87:03
Average speed: 17.9km/hr
Max speed: 54.1 km/hr
Temperature: -7C to -5C, light snow
Cumulative distance: 1019.951km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.22
Monthly distance: 396.698km
Monthly cost per km: $0.22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home