Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 03 February

Rode down to the Farmer's Market. Bit of a nasty ride down there with freezing rain leaving slick ice on the road. I decided to lock my bike outside the market instead of leaving it at the office and walking down there and freezing. Stopped off at IdealBikes to get a coffee from the coffee shop next door. By the time I was done and headed back the freezing rain was done and the rise in temperature melted the ice. Bit of a messy ride home, but at least it wasn't slippery.

Saw the muppets of the day from a couple of weeks ago while I was riding back on the fire trail. Their dogs were still running around loose, this time I made no effort to avoid them when they ran at me - trying to stop with the inertia from 40 pounds of groceries would not be a pretty sight. Fortunately (or not) I didn't hit any of the dogs, but the female muppet shouted something at me that I ignored.

Distance logged: 23.884km
Time: 98:36
Average speed: 14.5km/hr
Max speed: 55 km/hr
Temperature: 0C to 2C, freezing rain
Cumulative distance: 703.132km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.19
Monthly distance: 79.879km
Monthly cost per km: $0

4 Comments:

Blogger Kayte said...

You're a brave soul to have biked all the way to the Market Saturday morning - holy cow! It was pretty messy.

Pants and I ventured over around 9 and got out of there just as it started getting crazy. We've tried hitting the farmers market at Alderney Gate - its got good produce, but far less selection.

PS. You should stick a link to your blog RSS feed somewhere on your blog template. I wanted to add your feed and I had to go fishing for it. Bloggers feed urls are pretty standard, yoururl.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:10:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Just for you, Kayte, there's a link for the RSS feed. I've always just used http://blogname.blogspot.com/atom.xml for feeds, but I guess it's all changed now and people want a shortcut set up. See how I bend over backwards for the 15 people who unaccountably read this blog?

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:08:00 pm  
Blogger Kayte said...

Rawk! I have a dorky homepage set up for myself that pulls the rss for stuff I read regulairy - so I can see at a glance what sites have new stuff.

Unlike my blog - which has been a den of slack since the holidays, roh hoh hoh!!!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:37:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I use FeedOnFeeds but it needs a MySQL server and a web server and (realistically) a Unix box of some flavour...

And yes, your blog are teh slack! ;-)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home