Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ride into work for Tuesday, 06 February

Slow ride in as I had both panniers attached with gear in.

Muppet of the day was the guy who kept trying to overtake me going through Quinpool Road car park but had to keep stopping for the speed bumps. He was then stopped at the exit due to a truck reversing in. There was plenty of space for me, so I just rode around (even though he drove at me to try to cut me off) and continued up to the traffic lights. I stopped there, and the muppet decided to unburden himself on me with comments like "you're not allowed to pass me, I'm a vehicle", "you're not allowed to pass on the inside because I can go faster than you" and "you're not allowed to overtake me because I'm faster than you". As the muppet obviously had issues with me being able to go faster than him even though I was fully loaded, I took pleasure in commenting how slow his vehicle was going. He then complained that he had no idea which way I was going (even though I was in the left turn only lane) and I was in the wrong lane because "bicycles are supposed to be next to the kerb". I then asked him why he'd decided to park next to me, and he rolled his window up. Unfortunately I believe I may have scratched his paintwork with my studded tyre when I was going through the lights, and he tried to pass me. What a shame...

I think he had a small penis, too.

Distance logged: 11.599km
Time: 39:55
Average speed: 17.4km/hr
Max speed: 48.4 km/hr
Temperature: -21C, -25C wind chill, sunny
Cumulative distance: 744.826km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.3
Monthly distance: 121.573km
Monthly cost per km: $0.72

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

You're probably right.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:23:00 pm  
Blogger Jerome said...

Nice work on the paint.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home