Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ride home for Wednesday, 21 March

Stopped off at IdealBikes to see if I could swap some spokes; for some reason the last 8 spokes (going heads-in on the off side) were all sticking out 1-2mm beyond the nipples. I managed to find 4 spokes that would fit in my collection of assorted spare spokes, but didn't quite have enough to finish off the job, Dave was kind enough to swap out my (lightly bent) spokes for slightly shorter ones. Whilst I was there I noticed the handlebar mount of my Air Zound horn had fatigued and broken off; slightly surprising as I was expecting the metal fasteners to go first as they had almost completely rusted through. I think I've had my money's worth off the horn, as I've had it for almost 2 years, so it's about time to get a new one.

I also found out that Mike the Courier is a courier no more, and he's now working at Ideal - apparently he got fed up of the frequent accidents with cars, can't say I blame him...

Distance logged: 13.853km
Time: 51:12
Average speed: 16.2km/hr
Max speed: 41.2 km/hr
Temperature: -2C, windy
Cumulative distance: 1822.716km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.16
Monthly distance: 538.699km
Monthly cost per km: $0.03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home