Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 17 March

The storm had finished up with freezing rain, which left a layer of ice on everything. The trucks had been out ploughing the roads and covering them with salt, the sidewalks were pretty much untouched. Went into IdealBikes after I went to the farmer's market as my front brake was sticking on the left side as some dirt had got into it. Mike was there looking very much the worse for wear after the Alley Cat the night before, but he managed to get my brake cleaned out and good to go.

It was tough riding back along the fire trail as it was sheet ice, but the 20kg or so of groceries in my front panniers did a pretty good job of weighting my wheel down enough to break through the ice and get a grip. I was glad to get home, though...

Distance logged: 26.475km
Time: 106:34
Average speed: 14.9km/hr
Max speed: 47.7 km/hr
Temperature: 0C to 3C, foggy
Cumulative distance: 1718.724km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.17
Monthly distance: 434.707km
Monthly cost per km: $0.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home