Friday, March 23, 2007

Ride into work for Friday, 23 March

Had another encounter at the exact same spot as yesterday; this time I took the entire lane and still had a driver try to overtake me coming up to the lights. I think I'm going to have to velcro a hammer onto my handlebars to use to attract drivers' attention, beating on their car isn't doing my hand any good...

Distance logged: 15.114km
Time: 47:39
Average speed: 19km/hr
Max speed: 58.5 km/hr
Temperature: 7C, windy
Cumulative distance: 1866.468km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.15
Monthly distance: 582.451km
Monthly cost per km: $0.03

5 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

What about using a big Nerf bat on their car? It'd be large enough to freak them out but not damage their car!

Friday, March 23, 2007 5:04:00 pm  
Blogger Godwin said...

Hey, found you blog the other day. I'm also a Halifax all-year-round biker.

Just curious what intersection you're talking about, I wasn't really able to tell from the map but I live around that area.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 6:59:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

It's the Mumford Road/Romans Ave intersection, just over the railway bridge where the road splits into three. I have to go in the middle lane because I turn left at the next intersection, and if I signal left I get vehicles trying to pass me on the inside - it's a bit of a no-win situation.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I don't think a Nerf bat would do much for my aerodynamic qualities, Dawna! :-)

I'm starting to understand why couriers have big heavy U-locks in convenient, easy to reach locations, though...

Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:32:00 pm  
Blogger Godwin said...

Cool. I ride that road every day but I always turn at Chebucto. I usually avoid center lanes unless the outer two are both turning only, I'd probably stay in the right until just after the first intersection, then start moving left directly afterwards once you're done the initial acceleration.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home