Monday, April 23, 2007

Ride home for Monday, 23 April

Rode home with around 50 pounds of miscellaneous equipment I saved from the garbage - a Winterm 3820TX (which I'm hoping I can use with Linux), 5 72 gig SCSI drives, a laptop to run as my new geexbox (with a flaky IDE interface so it would die after use, but since I'm netbooting the geexbox I just ripped out the hard drive, DVD drive and battery), NVidia Quadro 380 XGL (which on closer inspection looks to be a workstation card, or, to put it another way, a bit of a chocolate teapot), a 24 port switch, a couple of wireless PC cards, and more... Needless to say I wasn't riding too fast today!

Saw a lot of cyclists today, I lost count but I think there were around 40 or so that I saw. I guess the warm weather must have been a big draw.

Stopped off at MEC at lunch to pick up a new lock, and got some other odds and ends while I was there. I left the lock at the office, I figured I was carrying enough weight without another 3 kilos of metal in there...

Distance logged: 10.831km
Time: 42:03
Average speed: 15.3km/hr
Max speed: 35.7 km/hr
Temperature: 23C, sunny, breezy
Cumulative distance: 2574.592km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.32
Monthly distance: 540.970km
Monthly cost per km: $0.93

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home