Friday, April 20, 2007

Ride into work for Friday, 20 April

My bodge job on the cranks held for a few kilometres then it loosened up again. I managed to limp most of the way in, until at Sackville Street the pedals stopped turning - never a good sign! I walked along Sackville for a while until I noticed that the lockring on the left hand side had worked its way all the way along to the crank. I tightened it back on by hand and managed to limp into work.

Took the bike down to IdealBikes where Mike engaged in some chinrubbing to decide what to do (not least because no-one there is tall enough to ride the bike, which leads to problems testing if it's working ok...); it should be ready when I go down this evening to finish off setting up the network there.

Distance logged: 12.566km
Time: 35:15
Average speed: 21.4km/hr
Max speed: 51.2 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2539.658km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.25
Monthly distance: 506.036km
Monthly cost per km: $0.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home