Monday, June 25, 2007

A hovercraft in the front yard

I went down to Hemlock Ravine yesterday for my walk and to do some mapping. On one of the back streets, I saw a hovercraft that someone is building in their front yard:



The owner was there working on it and I had a chat with him. He started building it last year, and so far he has the frame done and most of the fiberglass panels, next job is to finish installation of engine and fans. He told me to come back later in the summer, and "if she's dropped down you'll know she's not on blocks any more". The plan is to take it down to the harbour when it's done and store it at a dock somewhere there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerome said...

Hey that’s pretty cool! Does he have any blog or URL that he's chronicling his build? I've been interested in building a HC for quite some time. How's your recovery coming? Glad to hear you’re out and about.

Monday, June 25, 2007 1:53:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

He didn't really look to be the kind of guy to have a web site, and from the way he told me to keep coming back to check the progress I'm guessing he doesn't have anything like that - although I'll ask him next time I wander down there.

Recovery is coming along, getting out for long walks seems to be helping - I'm hoping the rain is going to hold off long enough over the next week so I can get a 3-4 hour walk every day in...

Monday, June 25, 2007 9:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like your kind of project Steve.... Maybe you could retrofit The Sprog's trailer so it levitates behind you when you start biking again? That would rule. Especially, if you could include some radical blinking light patters and an air horn.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:08:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Alas, the sprog's trailer is no more as he outgrew it - it's now doing sterling service with another biker for hauling his sprog around in.

My plan was to get a trail-a-bike, but I'm not sure how well that's going to work for me with a busted shoulder...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home