Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ride for Wednesday, 29 August

Rode downtown to install some RAM in a client's thin terminal to see if that would fix a Citrix problem (which I felt dubious about, since it was more likely to be the network, but that was what I was asked to do...)

Dropped my bike off at Ideal for them to have a look at my bottom bracket. Roger is back, he had a look and said he'd replace it with a cartridge bottom bracket. I headed out and did half an hour of mapping around down town before doing the RAM upgrade. I headed back and found that my bike had a new bottom bracket, but not a sealed one... My bike has Italian threading (being a Bottechia and all) so wouldn't take a standard cartridge bb, Roger swapped it out for the biggest one he had to hand for me for free and told me a new bb would cost around $60. I think I'll keep the current bb for now and when it's time to swap it out, I'll get a sealed one then.

Saw a poster for Critical Mass while I was at Ideal, I'll be attending this Friday.

Had fun riding back, the main roads were gridlocked almost constantly from Barrington all the way to Chebucto. I had no scruples about riding around the parked cars in the road and got back to the office just in time to... get changed and head home!

Distance logged: 11.384km
Time: 38:16
Average speed: 17.9km/hr
Max speed: 46.9 km/hr
Temperature: 24C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3081.605km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.27
Monthly distance: 349.380km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home