Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ride into work for Wednesday, 21 November

Rode into Bedford for a physio appointment. Muppet of the day hit on the way into work, I was riding along Oxford Street when I saw a minivan waiting to turn left out of Summit Street to head in the same direction as me. The driver stopped, waiting until I was passing Summit Street, then pulled out and came straight at me. I leaned on the horn and braked, she braked and continued coming at me, I booted the side of her van and she finally stopped - possibly because her kids in the back were screaming at her to stop. She then turned, said "oh..." and waved at me. I was sorely, sorely tempted to remove her passenger side window for her so she wouldn't have any further problems looking out of it.

Distance logged: 32.176km
Time: 91:05
Average speed: 21km/hr
Max speed: 52.0 km/hr
Temperature: -2C to 1C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4288.376km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.21
Monthly distance: 417.991km
Monthly cost per km: $0.09

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i offer applause to you in booting the van. I've kicked and punched my fair share of vehicles. Sometimes I fear if I get the wrong one and this becomes like some articles from the states, *bang*, gun shot rings out. But heck it's Canada people will passively go on their way since most don't like conflict or in the case of motorists if their too absent minded and busy to notice us on bikes, well they won't take the time to get upset with us, just raise the middle in salute.
Glad your ride home rocked.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:47:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

I tend to be leery about kicking vehicles since there is a fair chance they'll take it out on the next cyclist they see. Sometimes there's no option but to give the vehicle a good whack - that always gets their attention as it seems to massively intrude in their little spacecake world...

Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home