Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ride for Wednesday, 30 January

Rode down to Bedford for my doctor's appointment. Slippery ride in as the roads were right on the verge of freezing, and the fog in the air was keeping them nice and slick. Managed to get there without any incident though I felt the back end slide out and the studs bite on several corners. By the time I headed home it had warmed up a bit and the ice was mostly melted.

Went out to the airport this afternoon to look at a new gig out there. Unfortunately the non-102 route looks to be about 50km, involving going up Highway 2 almost all the way to Enfield and then doubling back on myself - I'd be interested to know of any alternate routes, since the direct 102 route is 33.9km but is mostly closed to bike traffic (and I don't think I'd want to ride it anyway). The only other alternate is via Dartmouth up towards Musquodoboit Harbour at around 100km! It looks like there's some back roads or trails that may be passable but I suspect in winter they aren't cleared...

Distance logged: 21.291km
Time: 71:52
Average speed: 17.8km/hr
Max speed: 49.1 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, foggy
Cumulative distance: 636.322km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.19
Monthly distance: 636.322km
Monthly cost per km: $0.19

1 Comments:

Blogger Land and Water said...

the only section of highway you would need to use is from Waverly to aerotech...only about three or four kms i think. Three lanes..I don't know how wide the shoulder is. May be a bit narrow by Miller Lake. But the distance is short. I have never mountain biked in the area...so I don't know about that.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home