Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ride home for Tuesday, 18 March

Still windy. Had another muppet with a dog not on a leash allow his dog to run at me. When I asked him if he cared about whether his dog got hit by me and his skin shredded by my studded tyres, the muppet responded "no, because I'll just beat the crap out of anyone who runs over my dog". Quite how that would stop his dog getting injured in the first place, I really don't know.

I mentioned this to the butcher when I stopped in to pick up some sausages, and he said I should report them to HRM, so... I did. http://www.halifax.ca/contact.html has the contact email address of by-law enforcement so I sent an email to them this evening:


Would it be possible for an officer to do some patrols on the Mainland North Linear Parkway (http://trails.gov.ns.ca/SharedUse/hx079.html)? There are several irresponsible pet owners allowing their dogs to run freely on this trail, and twice in the past two days I have almost hit a dog on my bicycle. In addition my son has had dogs run up to him in his wheelchair, causing a significant scare to him. I have mostly seen these dogs in the mornings on my way into work around 7:30-8am, in the afternoons around 4-6pm and all day at the weekends, mostly on the stretches between Main Street and Langbrae Drive.

Thankyou in advance for your attention in this matter.


I shall be interested to see what, if anything, comes out of this...

Distance logged: 13.386km
Time: 51:13
Average speed: 15.7km/hr
Max speed: 40.6 km/hr
Temperature: -4C, sunny, windy
Cumulative distance: 1613.355km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.07
Monthly distance: 366.885km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home