Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ride home for Friday, 04 Feb

Another damp ride home. A lot of the salt seemed to have rinsed off the road, which was one minor benefit, so I didn't get coated in the stuff. I'm going to have problems acclimatising to the warmth, though - I really didn't enjoy the trip home too much, especially the steep hill up through Fairview (I'm guessing there's around a 20-25 metre climb in just over 1km... but it's 50% climb and 50% flat, so it's a real killer, with the steepest climb being the last one, of course!) It felt like a really slow ride home, but the figures don't look too bad - I think it might be because the snow on the fire trail had melted so I could zoom along there at speed.

Took the route along Barrington to miss out the steep downhill just in case there was ice forming, and forgot to turn on the computer until I was nearly at Spring Garden, which may have thrown the figures off a touch...

Distance logged: 13.672km
Time: 44:51
Average speed: 18.3km/hr
Max speed: 54.1km/hr
Temperature: 3C to 2C, cloudy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home