Friday, March 04, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 03 March

Picked up the new pedals at MEC. Like a talismanic charm, my pedals are now working perfectly. Oh well.

Ride home was quite nice, pretty cold, quite snowy. The ride along the fire trail was bit of a bear as it had completely frozen over. Not only that, but where I had ridden yesterday through the slush had frozen over, so I now had my own deep tyre ruts to contend with.

Worked on my bike to put in a standoff, as my new handlebar bag (for $20) is already showing signs of wear from rubbing against the handlebar. I had an old brace for a U-lock which I never used after the U-lock fell out (!) when I stopped one day, which works perfectly - all the cables route through it apart from the front brake cable which routes through a crease, and it supports the handlebar bag quite nicely. In the process of doing this I found the front brake assemblies showing signs of corrosion again, so I disassembled them, gave them a good solid cleaning and regreasing, and reassembled them.

I managed to put the bike computer together and got it working, too. Seemed to read fine from my unscientific "spin the wheel and watch the numbers fly" testing.

Distance logged: ?km
Time: ?
Average speed: ?km/hr
Max speed: ?km/hr
Temperature: -6C, intermittent snowing, overcast
Cumulative distance: 600.824km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home