Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ride into work for Wednesday, 02 March

Still with the flat batteries. I turned the computer on just to see what would happen, and it went somewhat bonkers; apparently I covered 35km on the way into work at an average rate of 44km/hr. Highly unlikely; definitely time for a trip to MEC at lunchtime.

I went up to Canadian Tyre last night for a new mirror, as my cheap MEC mirror fell out (!) on the way home last night. I got another $10 Schwinn model, which is what I had last year until I (*cough*) dropped the bike on it and it broke. While I was there, I also saw a
handlebar bag
that was absolutely huge, and only $19. Admittedly it used velcro fastenings, so at some point I'll probably have to replace them with proper buckles, but it's a pretty good little device for the money - it's even got a hard plastic shell inside to protect stuff in there. I've put my toolkit, first aid kit, emergency blanket, hand and foot heating pads, spare lenses and lock in there and moved quite a bit of weight off my back, which is nice. Next step is to look at getting panniers, I think - a possible Easter gift.

The handlebar bag added some weight to the steering, as expected, but it was nothing I couldn't handle after getting the hang of it. The ride in was fairly cool with occasional flurries, drivers still don't seem to quite know how to handle the snow...

Distance logged: ?km
Time: ?
Average speed: ?km/hr
Max speed: ?km/hr
Temperature: 0C, overcast, intermittent light flurries
Cumulative distance: 600.824km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home