Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ride into work for Tuesday, 01 Mar

Fun ride in. The snow was about 5cm deep by the time I set off, and was drifting on the fire trail. I hit a couple of deep patches that slowed me down, then I hit one I didn't expect and ended up jumping over the handlebars. The roads weren't too bad, I was going not much slower than most of the cars. Some of the back roads were really iffy as my wheel kept getting caught in car tyre tracks - would have been a great ride if it weren't for those!

I had to stop partway through to change my gloves (the neoprene gloves weren't warm enough) and take off my goggles (steaming up) and put on my glasses. Looks like I took long enough that the bike computer turned itself off, I couldn't tell because it was covered in a layer of ice... The ride actually took around an hour and 20 minutes, as far as I could tell, putting it in as a contender for slowest commute in yet.

Distance logged: 6.903km
Time: 31:22
Average speed: 13.2km/hr
Max speed: 42.4km/hr
Temperature: -1C to +1C, overcast, snow, hail, rain, blowing snow, winds gusting up to 80km/h
Cumulative distance: 600.824km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home