Monday, February 28, 2005

Ride into work for Monday, 28 Feb

Riding was amazingly smoother today after the maintenance I did - unclogging the jockey wheel seems to have helped an awful lot. It was a bit tricky riding along the fire trail as there were snow drifts that slowed me right down, plus there were a few sections where for some reason someone had (by the looks of it) dumped snow on the trail, which required slowing right down and riding round. Also there are two old dears who every time I come up behind them ringing my bell keep walking saying "what's that noise?" Today, I slowed up right behind them (since they were blocking the trail and ignoring me) and said loudly, "excuse me, ladies, could I get by?" - they jumped into each others' arms and looked terribly scared. I'm sure there's a story there - perhaps Alzheimers or something? - but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Almost as bad as the old couple in summer who go walking together but each has their own walkman cranked up to full blast.

More snow due tonight, followed by ice pellets tomorrow morning. Should be fun!

Distance logged: 12.419km
Time: 37:27
Average speed: 20.0km/hr
Max speed: 82.8km/hr (mmmno.)
Temperature: -10C to -8C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 582.004km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home