Sunday, April 17, 2005

Maintenance day

I decided to true the front wheel on the mountain bike (the non-quick release one) as that was a bit iffy. I also stripped down the handlebar on the road bike, regreased the screws, and put it all back together again, making sure it was no longer loose. There was also some goop that had accumulated on the chain and jockey wheels (possibly dried oil from sitting in the bike shop so long?) so I cleaned that off using the chain cleaner and close scrubbing with a toothbrush.

Also... My wife got a bike yesterday for her birthday! Unfortunately, it turned out to be too big for her, so we took it back today and got a Norco "Bush Pilot" mountain bike. It's a 12.5" frame, which is pretty rare - this was the smallest adult sized bike in the shop, but it fit her perfectly. It meant dropping an extra $250, but since she's planning on riding it into work this summer I figure it should pay for itself in gas bills alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home