Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ride into work for Wednesday, 13 April

Quite a nice ride in, sunny, not too warm... up until the point I had something fly up off the road into my chain, knocking it off into the rear wheel and jam in there, taking out 8 spokes and locking the rear wheel solid. I went from around 25km/hr to 0km/hr in about 10 feet, fortunately there were no cars behind me. I ended up calling the wife for a pickup, she dropped me off at the bike shop on the way and they're going to fix it up (probably going to require a new wheel, unfortunately) and do a tune-up at the same time. They're going to drop some other customers so I get priority so I can ride it home if they get it fixed in time - yay for being a favoured customer!

Distance logged: 7.037km
Time: 19:46
Average speed: 21.4km/hr
Temperature: -3C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1403.743km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home