Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ride home for Friday, 29 April

Fairly nice ride home, but a bit breezy. Had to walk my bike up the steep hill as the pivot on the handlebars decided it really needed some grease, and felt (and sounded) like it was about to snap - people were giving me strange looks at the amount of creaking. I greased the bike when I got home and now it's a lot happier.

I also got the new bike trailer all setup, and after supper I went out towing sprog #2, with mywife cycling behind me, on a trip to drop off some movies at the video store and to pick up a video that had been lent to a friend. We rode back home, but sprog #2 decided he wanted to carry on, so I took him on a ride on the fire trail around the pond behind the house, which he really enjoyed. He still didn't want to come home, but his fingers were freezing cold so I brought him home regardless. I took off the bike computer for the ride, so I'm not sure how far we went - maybe 4 or 5km, not too much.

Distance logged: 12.498km
Time: 37:43
Average speed: 19.9km/hr
Temperature: 11C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1734.332km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home