Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ride into work for Tuesday, 19 April

Nice sunny day, a step outside revealed it seemed fairly warm, so I set off in just a jersey and t-shirt, though I added cycling pants on top of the shorts as it didn't seem that warm. Once I got going... I realised it was actually quite cold. I stopped to put on my headband as my ears were getting really icy, but I decided to forge on and see how I did before I stop to fiddle about with my bag and get my windbreaker going. I kept warm by peddling faster, with the rather obvious result that I managed to get to work slightly faster than usual. I'm not sure if I'll keep following this method of increasing my speed, as it was really cold for the first 5km or so!

Broke 1500 logged kilometres for the year today, too.

Distance logged: 12.359km
Time: 30:23
Average speed: 24.4km/hr
Max speed: 60.9km/hr
Temperature: -3C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1507.008km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home