Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 14 June

Bit of a windy ride home, there's rain forecast over the next few days. Saw a lot of cyclists - perhaps 30 or 40 or so. I didn't think I was going all that fast but I overtook all of the ones that were heading in the same direction as me. As usual,I saw some rather bizarre interpretations of the rules (riding on the sidewalk, on the wrong side of the road, etc), but I think the most amusing was the chap with a baseball cap on, with a bike helmet carefully balanced on top.

Distance logged: 12.854km
Time: 36:32
Average speed: 21.1km/hr
Temperature: 16C, sunny, windy
Cumulative distance: 2939.288km

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

I could go absoultley bonkers with some of the bad bicycling I see in Boston (and not as much in Seattle). My least favorite thing that has exploded is everyone biking, running and just making out with i-Pods. It drives me crazy. I am yelling and yelling, ON YOUR LEFT! ON YOUR LEFT! and ringing my little bell! and you know in the end I just bike on by them and statle the bejessus out of the morons...and resist the urge to smack em' silly.

Listen, just a quick thanks on the info on NS and Halifax. I am finalizing plans this week and should have some time frames and dates for visiting your fine town soon. I did not see a place to drop an email directly to you, so please drop me a direct one at knoxg@hotmail.com and I'll get those days to you and swap some contact info.

Thanks,

Knox

Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home