Sunday, July 24, 2005

Maintenance day

Didn't need to do any work on the mountain bike as I haven't ridden it all week. Instead, I concentrated on the road bike; changed the rim tape, changed the chain, and repacked the bearings in the front wheel. The bearings are definitely pretty worn, and a test ride showed it was a bit better, but not much. I'll pick up some more bearings tomorrow. I sized the chain according to the old one, but oddly enough, it's skipping in 6th, which hints that it's too big. I'll see if I can get one of the mechanics to double-check it (it's always possible the cog is worn).

Rather surprisingly, the thinline V-brake pads are holding up pretty well after around 700km - I guess it's only winter weather that really takes it out on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home