Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 19 July

Picked up my bike after getting a sardonic message on my phone from Roger... "you will be glad to know we've replaced your bottom bracket, so your pedals no longer operate independently of each other, and are both usable for pedalling purposes..." Funny guy! It was a free warranty repair, even though I'm not sure if the bike is still under warranty. Can't complain about that!

I now no longer have a ticking noise coming from my bottom bracket, so now the noise I'm focussing on is the squeaking from my seat. I disassembled it and put grease everywhere I could, but I'm not sure if I've greased the bit that's actually squeaking. Ah well, I only have a few weeks to wait till my parents arrive with my Brooks B67 saddle.

Also, the battery in the wireless sensor died on the way home (I'm not having much luck at the moment, it would appear). I checked the battery with a meter at home,and the 12V battery was reading 5.8V - definitely due for replacement, although I've only put around 1600km on the battery!

Distance logged: 3.026km (!)
Time: 9:40
Average speed: 18.8km/hr
Max speed: 43.6km/hr
Temperature: 27C, humid, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3542.253km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home