Friday, July 22, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 21 July

Volunteered at the bike shop again, although I didn't actually do anything - they were really busy so I just leafed through the Norco catalogue and chatted to the mechanics. Later on, Robert specced out a front wheel for me to replace my current one (which is starting to show signs of wear); a BMX hub with wide flanges, meaning shorter spokes for a stronger wheel, attached to a cyclocross rim. He reckoned the only thing that would be stronger would be a tandem wheel, but that would be serious money - tandem rims weren't even listed in the catalogue! The wheel Robert specced out came to $160 in total, and I think I'll go for it.

Rode home later, around 9:30, and it was such a nice night out I decided to go home via Bedford. Definitely better than sitting indoors!

Distance logged: 30.403km
Time: 1:18:01
Average speed: 23.4km/hr
Max speed: 99.9km/hr
Temperature: 22C-20C, dark!
Cumulative distance: 3611.754km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home