Monday, July 25, 2005

Ride home for Monday, 25 July

Got rained on pretty hard on the way home. It started off as just a mild drizzle, but by the time I got about halfway it turned into a steady downpour. Oh well...

I stopped off at IdealBikes and Dave gave me a bag of bearings; unfortunately they were too big, so I'll have to take them back and get smaller ones. He also checked my chain for me; it's the right length, the cogs are indeed worn, so his advice was to put the old chain on and ride it until it slips and get new cogs then. I think I'm going to have to resign myself to either changing the chain every month, or getting a really strong chain (probably an SRAM PC68 chain) and ride that out until the cogs wear out. I think I'll have to go and dig through the forums on bikeforums.net for recommendations...

Distance logged: 14.196km
Time: 41:02
Average speed: 20.8km/hr
Max speed: 99.9km/hr
Temperature: 15C, rainy
Cumulative distance: 3694.903km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home