Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 26 October

Took the mountain bike in for a tuneup this morning as I figured there'd be no other customers wanting their bikes fixed today. While I was there I was tempted by a set of fenders, and got Roger to throw them on while he was doing the tuneup. I was a bit leery as on the rear, I have U brakes which, while pretty good for braking, don't leave much room for fenders. Roger reckoned he could get it in and, while he managed it, I don't think it's going to work... Every now and then the tyre rubs on the fender, so when I replace the slick that's on there with winter studs either the fender or the tyre is going to get all chewed up. I'll take it back in tomorrow to see what can be done, anyway.

Other than that, the front hub needed work - the cones had pretty much rotted away, so Roger replaced everything that looked a bit iffy, and he replaced the cables. Final cost was $95, which has upped my cost per km by a cent.

The ride home was a bit tiring, the remnants of Hurricane Wilma were still hanging around. Unfortunately tonight it was all headwinds.

Distance logged: 12.873km
Time: 39:24
Average speed: 19.6km/hr
Temperature: 9C, windy
Cumulative distance: 5929.906km
Cost per km: $0.22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home