Monday, November 21, 2005

Ride home for Monday, 21 November

Picked up some odds and ends from MEC at lunchtime; brake pads, neck gaiter (my other one has disappeared), set of liner gloves and some lip balm. The liner gloves are rather impressive; I tested my gloves before putting them on, and they were cold and damp inside from the morning's ride in. I put the liner gloves on and then put the gloves over them, and it was like putting my hands into a warm sauna. Even stranger, when I got home I took the gloves off, and they were dry inside... As were the liner gloves! I'm rather bemused now as to where the sweat is going...

The ride home was slowed down by my cold and by the traffic - there were several long tailbacks of traffic which I was able to overtake, but I couldn't go as fast as I normally ride. I was still quicker than the traffic, of course...

I'm debating whether to ride or not tomorrow. The current forecast is the rain won't hit hard until the afternoon, so I might be lucky...

Distance logged: 14.294km
Time: 42:03
Average speed: 20.2km/hr
Max speed: 45.9 km/hr
Temperature: 9C-6C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 6369.659km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.23
Monthly distance: 376.550km
Monthly cost per km: $0.36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home