Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ride into work for Tuesday, 01 November

The temperature was 4C when I checked this morning so I dressed accordingly - short sleeve jersey, armwarmers, jacket, shorts and pants. By the time I was halfway through I was dripping with sweat, it felt like around 15 degrees. I really don't know what happened there...

Muppet of the day was another cyclist. First off, I was behind another car coming up to a four way stop. I waited behind the car for it to go, then waited for my turn. As I was about to set off, this older guy went past on my right and swung in front of me. I rode on and passed him pretty quickly (he wasn't pedalling particularly fast). I came up to the next intersection, which has the street across (that I go down) offset slightly to the left. Again, I was waiting behind a car which was turning left, and I was signalling to go left, and muppet came up on my right and continued parallel to the car. He was looking to the right, and had his wheel pointed to the right, so I assumed, him being on the right-hand side of the lane, he was turning right. As I crossed the road behind the car in a gap in traffic, I suddenly found Mr Muppet riding directly in front of me - he'd obviously ridden parallel to the car and decided to turn left. I gave him a blast of my horn as he didn't seem to have seen me and said, "did you see me there?" His response was "isn't it a nice day!" Obviously the guy wasn't the brightest spark and was an accident waiting to happen, so I decided to push on as fast as I could and get away from him.

Also saw Ms Muppet doing her usual walk on the road, today completely camouflaged from head to toe in grey.

Distance logged: 16.852km
Time: 42:38
Average speed: 23.7km/hr
Max speed: 62.3 km/hr
Temperature: 5C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 6009.961km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.22
Monthly distance: 16.852km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home