Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 07 December

This would have been an enjoyable ride home if it weren't for the wind. With the wind chill, it was almost cold enough that I needed to put my rain pants on as a wind barrier, but my cycling tights and knee warmers just about did the trick. I hit a few flurries on the way home, which was a pleasant change, but according to Environment Canada that's going to be it until Saturday...

Distance logged: 14.191km
Time: 47:01
Average speed: 18.1km/hr
Max speed: 43.6 km/hr
Temperature: -6C, windy, intermittent flurries
Cumulative distance: 6712.747km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.23
Monthly distance: 169.913km
Monthly cost per km: $0.23

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve

I am in Halifax as well. I live at North End by the water and have to bike to Dalhousie where I work everyday. Thanks for posting your blogs man. Reading you blog gives me extra strength when I'm battling the headwinds and uphills in the -8C temperature.

Good work, I will see you on the road. Keep yourself warm.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:45:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Glad you're enjoying the blog! Which route do you take? I usually see quite a few cyclists around Dal in the morning, so you're not alone :-)

The headwinds are definitely sucky (and the month of rain we had last month wasn't much better) but the weather seems to be calming down a bit now.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:06:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home