Monday, January 16, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 16 January

Cold and windy ride home, with snow starting to settle on the roads. It was actually quite enjoyable apart from the wind, it was cold enough I didn't overheat too much. I had to push it hard on the fire trail, the duty pager went off just as I turned onto it and I figured it'd be more helpful to read it from home than to stand there digging through my backpack in the dark. Of course, "push it hard" in the teeth of a strong wind and snow doesn't mean a whole lot...

I think it's time to investigate some new studded tyres, too. Mine had issues with gripping in the snow, and the studs are pretty much worn. I guess I'll pick up some Nokians, but the problem is finding somewhere in Canada (let alone Halifax) that carries them at a reasonable price...

Distance logged: 14.187km
Time: 47:22
Average speed: 18km/hr
Max speed: 43.0 km/hr
Temperature: -7C, windy, light snow
Cumulative distance: 236.630km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.64
Monthly distance: 236.630km
Monthly cost per km: $0.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home