Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 12 January

Took the bike into Idealbikes for a new derailleur and chainrings, and also some cork tape for the barends - the overmittens don't have a particularly good grip, so I was looking for some grips, and Roger mentioned he had half a reel of cork tape left over that would be just about enough to cover the barends. All told, it came to $80. While I was out, I stopped at MEC to pick up a new tyre gauge, as mine has died a death - it no longer registers anything under 40psi, and is slowly creeping up on that value.

Muppet of the day was the minivan (why is it always minivans or taxis?) that overtook me as I was signalling left (and had been for about 5 seconds), just as I was about to make my maneouvre left. He passed close enough that my fingers bounced off his window. Mmmmmmuppet.

Distance logged: 13.612km
Time: 44:03
Average speed: 18.4km/hr
Max speed: 41.6 km/hr
Temperature: 6C, cloudy, windy
Cumulative distance: 183.397km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.75
Monthly distance: 183.397km
Monthly cost per km: $0.75

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home