Monday, January 23, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 23 January

Quite a fun ride home today. It started off well when all the traffic was blocked both ways going out of the car park due to everyone driving extremely gingerly due o the snow. I was mildly surprised to find that my studded tyres (which I thought had pretty much worn out) gave me near perfect grip! Things were a bit iffy cornering so I had to take it slow, but the two or three times I started skidding the studs caught and I straightened out. It was the same story most of the way home; most people driving extremely slowly and carefully (apart from a few people with snow tyres on), which meant they were going at about the same speed as me. The fire trail was great, all the bumps and ruts from the soggy weather over the past few weeks were filled up with snow, giving me a bit of a cushion.

The forecast is calling for 5-10cm, there was about 2-3cm on the road when I got home and it's still snowing out there; I think it may end up being closer to 10cm at this rate...

Distance logged: 14.199km
Time: 48:45
Average speed: 17.5km/hr
Max speed: 38.7 km/hr
Temperature: -3C, snowing
Cumulative distance: 343.076km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 343.076km
Monthly cost per km: $0.47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home