Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ride in the general direction of work for Friday, 06 January

Possibly the shortest ride ever. There was freezing rain overnight so the road was a sheet of ice when I set off. I deflated the tyres so the studs would grip and continue on. As I was approaching the end of the road, I heard a car gun its engine to overtake me, he passed me, and then... he locked his brakes, failed to stop on the icy surface, and slid across the road and bounced off the curb on the other side of the road (it sounded like the front left portion of his bumper got cracked, too). After I stopped laughing, I decided this was another occasion where discretion was the better part of valour and walked my bike back home and worked from home for the day.

Distance logged: 0.184km
Time: 2:11
Average speed: 5.1km/hr
Max speed: 14.8 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, icy
Cumulative distance: 80.823km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.48
Monthly distance: 80.823km
Monthly cost per km: $0.48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home