Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 29 December

Windy ride home, I was watching the weather and ducked out when the rain eased off. I got home just in time, there was a huge great big storm cloud massing overhead that started raining on me just as I turned on to my road home. Another 60 seconds or so and I would have been drenched, although that would probably have done the bike some good - all the rain earlier turned the fire trail into a morass of mud, it felt like my tyres were sticking to it like glue.

I changed the chain over tonight, it took 5 washes just to get the mud off. The tyres are clogged with mud, they appear to be not as good at shedding mud as they are at shedding snow. The brake lines feel like they're clogged up deep inside, and the front hub is started to vibrate and (not so) subtly hint at repacking. I had to scrub each rim 3 times to get all the mud off. I'm looking forward to this heatwave we're getting passing over and we can get back to proper winter...

Distance logged: 13.328km
Time: 43:54
Average speed: 18.2km/hr
Max speed: 49.8 km/hr
Temperature: 7C, windy, intermittent showers
Cumulative distance: 7067.180km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.23
Monthly distance: 524.346km
Monthly cost per km: $0.18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home