Monday, February 27, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 27 February

Went into Idealbikes to see if they had an alternative saddle. The hints I dropped about how a leather saddle would be nice elicited a comment of "but wouldn't it be a shame to ruin it in this weather with all the salt on the roads", at least I tried! The guy behind the counter went digging through the box of saddles looking for ones that looked reasonably close to the other seat, but flat instead of rounded. He came back with 3, one wasn't long enough, one wasn't wide enough, but the third, a Selle Royal, looked about right, so I put that on this evening and I'll try it tomorrow. The mechanic told me to come back if it doesn't do the trick and he'll have another dig through. If I don't get any luck at all, Knox has generously offered to send up a Serfas he has spare.

It was never this much of a problem finding a saddle when I was a kid, any old junk would do! Unfortunately now I'm hovering around the 6 foot 5 mark, things tend not to be built to my scale...

Distance logged: 14.222km
Time: 45:45
Average speed: 18.7km/hr
Max speed: 41.2 km/hr
Temperature: -11C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 1122.834km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 602.430km
Monthly cost per km: $0.35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home