Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 23 February

Took my bike in at lunchtime to see if I could get a new wheel for it. All Roger had in built wheels was a rather junky looking 32 hole wheel, which he said probably wouldn't last me (and I agreed with him). He did, however, have a lightly used Rigida 36 hole rim, and said he could build it up for me with heavy duty DT spokes. I asked if he could get it done today and he ummed and aaahed and said he would do his best but couldn't promise it - which is fair enough. He said he'd give me a call by 4 to let me know if it would be ready in time, and at 4:01 on my phone I got a call from Roger saying it was ready. It cost me $60, and I gave another $20 to Roger to buy him self lunch with tomorrow for doing such a great job and pushing so hard to get it ready for me - seeing as I'd be looking at a $30 cab ride tomorrow if it wasn't ready it looked like a deal to me!

I got a new seat in the deal too, unfortunately it didn't cut the mustard - instead of being supportive, it's more in the way of being (to put it delicately) penetrative. I've taken it off and put the leather Nishiki saddle back on for now, I'll take the saddle back tomorrow if I get the chance and see what else there is. The problem is since I'm around 195cm tall, it's difficult to find saddles that are scaled big enough for me. I'm hoping there will be something tucked away in the back at Idealbikes that will do the trick for me... If I'm really lucky there might be a junker leather saddle I can take, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Distance logged: 13.599km
Time: 42:54
Average speed: 19km/hr
Max speed: 41.9 km/hr
Temperature: 0C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 1069.036km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 548.632km
Monthly cost per km: $0.39

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home