Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 02 March

Left work early due to being tired from being paged overnight. Fast ride home, probably due to the fact that I was taking the fast route, and there was less traffic on the road.

Muppet of the day was the minivan driver who wanted to turn right whilst I was in his way, and tried to overtake me to turn right in front of me - approximately 10 metres from the turn. He hauled on his brakes when he saw he wasn't going to make it, so I hauled on mine in case he jackrabbitted in front of me, and I slowly drove along watching him. All in all, I think the muppet cost himself around 30 seconds time waiting, as opposed to the 5 seconds' time he tried to save himself.

SueJ has a great post over at Urbana-champaign bicycle commute commenting on how cycling has affected her life for the better. I definitely relate to how she feels, and the comment about the temptations of beer and pasta and chocolate are spot on...

Distance logged: 14.527km
Time: 43:25
Average speed: 20.1km/hr
Max speed: 45.7 km/hr
Temperature: -9C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1203.914km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.36
Monthly distance: 54.161km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home