Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ride into work for Tuesday, 21 March

Rode my hybrid bike in today; I fixed it up enough over the weekend for it to be marginally rideable, however I had no middle ring, and gears 2-5 were iffy, so I essentially had the big ring and small ring in gears 1 and 6; great for steep hills, but on anything else a bit of a chore to ride. I'd also forgotten how comfortable my Brooks saddle is to ride, that was a pleasant surprise.

I took the bike in at lunchtime to IdealBikes; new crank set, cassette, chain, tuneup and bar tape (to replace the crappy worn-out rubber grips) is going to set me back somewhere in the region of $160. Painful, but still a lot cheaper than, say, replacing the transmission on a car. Roger reckons he can get it ready for me to ride home this afternoon, too.

Distance logged: 12.712km
Time: 34:002
Average speed: 22.2km/hr
Max speed: 60.2 km/hr
Temperature: -2C, breezy, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 1627.972km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.34
Monthly distance: 478.219km
Monthly cost per km: $0.23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home