Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ride into work for Wednesday, 12 April

Took the long ride in this morning, as it was a nice day and I had time to spare.

Went into MEC at lunchtime and picked up two 15L panniers and a low rider front rack. I figure half the cost is going to be paid back pretty much immediately by the trip to Truro, so they're already looking like a good deal.

Next stop was IdealBikes to see if I could beg a saddle overnight. Dave nodded at me, grinned, and said, "I have something I've been saving for someone like you" and came back with a Wright leather saddle. I asked if I could buy it, and he said I could have it in exchange for Propellor Ginger Beer for everyone from the coffee shop next door. That sounded like a deal, so $7.32 (or four bottles of ginger beer) later, I now own a leather saddle I can use as a hack saddle!

Distance logged: 16.356km
Time: 41:06
Average speed: 23.9km/hr
Max speed: 58.6 km/hr
Temperature: 3C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2080.573km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.52
Monthly distance: 269.820km
Monthly cost per km: $1.19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home