Friday, May 05, 2006

Ride for Friday, 05 May

Went into work today to pick up my temporary cellphone; great ride in with clear weather and a warm temperature.

Went to get the sprogette's new bike last night and, as promised, it was a free exchange. Quite a deal, she handed in a 5 speed CCM Canadian Tyre clunker and got a fairly light twelve speed back - she was very happy with the deal!

Distance logged: 31.067km
Time: 81:11
Average speed: 23km/hr
Max speed: 55.9 km/hr
Temperature: 11C-13C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2748.091km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.48
Monthly distance: 105.834km
Monthly cost per km: $0.71

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to say that I really enjoy reading your posts. I'm a biker living in Halifax and its interesting to read about your daily bike activities in and around the same city. Somehow It gives me an added incentive to ride longer and often.


Thanks Steve.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 1:09:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Thanks Shadi - I'm glad you find it useful! I suppose I should mark up a map of Halifax with "useful" routes for cyclists, since the official HRM bike map seems to have been designed by a car driver - there's lots of potential routes that are completely ignored. The flip side is that car drivers would be tempted to use them - I took one of the guys at work on a route home and he was amazed at how much faster it was than "normal" routes at rush hour...

Saturday, May 06, 2006 4:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home