Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 27 April

Took the long way into work just because I could, although I wasn't particularly fast carrying a pile of gear back to work. My saddle worked loose again and I torqued it back into place with a spanner, but the seatpost is unfortunately somewhat mangled. I took the bike into IdealBikes after I had my morning coffee to see if I could get a new seatpost. Roger took a look and reckoned it was fine, he took the seat off and managed to get the seatpost back into shape (since it's steel it can apparently take this sort of abuse). It appears I didn't have the saddle on far enough on the seatpost (oops) and also the collar was a bit overused, so a new collar and I was good to go. I mentioned that the braking wasn't too hot and asked Roger about new 27" aluminium wheels, he reckoned I'd be better off with 700C wheels, aka 29" wheels. 29" wheels are apparently smaller than 27" wheels, for some bizarre reason. However... he said an easier fix might be to replace the brake levers with some levers with a better ratio to get more grab, and he started waving cyclocross brake levers at me in a fashion I was powerless to resist. So, my bike's in getting new brake levers, and I should be picking it up this afternoon...

Distance logged: 16.397km
Time: 42:21
Average speed: 23.2km/hr
Max speed: 59.7 km/hr
Temperature: 3C, breezy
Cumulative distance: 2520.126km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 709.373km
Monthly cost per km: $0.58

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home