Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 24 May

Picked up my bike from IdealBikes. The mechanic who tested my bike said he was wondering who the bike belonged to, as he could "only just reach the pedals, I've never seen a bike this big". Since he was smaller and lighter than me, he didn't catch the frame flexing enough that the lowest gear didn't quite work, and the tyre rubbed on the frame. After the rubbing started getting really bad, I pulled over and leaned my bike against a tree on the sidewalk and too a look.I fixed the tyre rubbing by loosening the axle nut on the drive side, pulling the wheel back a smidgen, and retightening the nut - a bit tricky with two hands, but I made it by using my forehead on the saddle to keep to bike still. I backed out the lower limit screw on the rear derailleur enough to get 1st gear working, and I was good to go.

Distance logged: 13.856km
Time: 40:08
Average speed: 20.7km/hr
Max speed: 46.6 km/hr
Temperature: 11C, cloudy, intermittent light drizzle
Cumulative distance: 2928.362km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.51
Monthly distance: 286.105km
Monthly cost per km: $0.8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home